Share | 

Kiedis recalled that,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

Male Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Kiedis recalled that,   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Although there had been stress and conflict during the recording of other Chili Peppers albums, the Mother's Milk sessions were especially uncomfortable due to Beinhorn's incessant desire to create a hit. He recalled that he and the band were at odds: "Suffice to say that I had a very intense personal relationship [with the band] and somewhere along the line I fell out with [them]."[12] Beinhorn constantly clashed with Frusciante over guitar effects. According to Kiedis, "[Beinhorn] wanted John to have a big, crunching, almost metal-sounding guitar tone whereas before we always had some interesting acid-rock guitar tones as well as a lot of slinky, sexy, funky guitar tones."[13] Frusciante was frustrated with the producer's attitude and ultimately resented his playing on the record, feeling it was too "macho".[3] Kiedis recalled that, in the end, "I couldn't tolerate his direction any longer. He was trying to squeeze something out of me that I wasn't feeling, and we got in a fight and I knew that I was done with him."[13]
FRC All Music the site for the Musician and fan alike
Education
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kiedis recalled that,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1