Share | 

Kiedis recalled that,

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

Male Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Kiedis recalled that,   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Although there had been stress and conflict during the recording of other Chili Peppers albums, the Mother's Milk sessions were especially uncomfortable due to Beinhorn's incessant desire to create a hit. He recalled that he and the band were at odds: "Suffice to say that I had a very intense personal relationship [with the band] and somewhere along the line I fell out with [them]."[12] Beinhorn constantly clashed with Frusciante over guitar effects. According to Kiedis, "[Beinhorn] wanted John to have a big, crunching, almost metal-sounding guitar tone whereas before we always had some interesting acid-rock guitar tones as well as a lot of slinky, sexy, funky guitar tones."[13] Frusciante was frustrated with the producer's attitude and ultimately resented his playing on the record, feeling it was too "macho".[3] Kiedis recalled that, in the end, "I couldn't tolerate his direction any longer. He was trying to squeeze something out of me that I wasn't feeling, and we got in a fight and I knew that I was done with him."[13]
FRC All Music the site for the Musician and fan alike
Education
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kiedis recalled that,
Page 1 of 1