View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

Male Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: "Knock Me Down"   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Composition

"Knock Me Down"
"Knock Me Down", the first single from Mother's Milk, exemplifies a stylistic divergence away from the band's typical punk and funk rock into more alternative territory. The track was originally intended to be a duet between guitarist John Frusciante and vocalist Anthony Kiedis but was mixed in a way that Frusciante's voice is more prominent.
"Higher Ground"
The cover of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" epitomizes the heavy distortion and excessive layering found throughout Mother's Milk. The second single from the album, "Higher Ground" saw more international success than "Knock Me Down" despite performing worse on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks.
Problems listening to these files? See media help.

The band's style of music developed with the arrival of Frusciante; producer Michael Beinhorn observed, "It was apparent early on that John was the perfect guitarist for the band—he brought the elements of songwriting and composition to the band which they'd never truly had prior to his involvement. I believe that John is a pivotal figure in the Chili Peppers, being that he is such a distinctive songwriter."[9] Frusciante altered the band's sound by introducing melodies, harmonies and more complex song structures. In contrast to the group's previous albums, which featured groove and rhythm-based songs, Mother's Milk contained melodic compositions that reflected the new guitarist's influence.[11] Most of the record, due to Beinhorn's presence, is composed of heavy metal guitar riffs and excessive layering.[14]
FRC All Music the site for the Musician and fan alike
Education
Back to top Go down
View user profile

"Knock Me Down"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1